Making this oatmeal is very easy. I cook it on the stovetop.
- ¾ c. Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 c. Boulder Broth—your flavor of choice
- A handful of Spinach
- A handful of Shiitake mushrooms
- One to two eggs
- 2-3 Scallions, thinly sliced
- Butter or ghee
- Little chili pepper—optional, for topping
- In a small saucepan on high heat, bring the broth to a low boil. Add in the oats and turn down the heat. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In the meantime, add a teaspoon of ghee to a small fry pan and cook the shiitake mushrooms until softened. Set aside.
- Add the spinach to the oatmeal and stir until wilted. Make a slight well in the middle of the oatmeal with a wooden spoon, and crack an egg (or two) in the well. Cover the saucepan and simmer for another 5-7 minutes, depending on how cooked you prefer your egg.
- Serve the oatmeal in a bowl and top with the shiitake mushrooms, scallions & a pat of butter or ghee.