There's just something about gravy that makes a meal feel complete. Our twist on a Thanksgiving classic just got a little healthier with this savory gravy that has gluten and grain free options. It’s gravy ready in 5 minutes and also freezes very well so anything leftover won’t go to waste!
- 2 TB butter or ghee
- 2-3 TB white rice flour OR if you are grain free use tapioca flour or kuzu root - the amount is dependent on how thick you like your gravy - you can start out low and always add more in the end if you want it thicker. If the gravy turns out thicker than you want you can always thin it out with more broth or even water
- 1 pint or ½ jar of Boulder Broth Bone Broth any flavor—we use the chicken for white meats and the beef or bison for meatballs, etc.
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Sea salt/pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, add the flour, and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Add the bone broth and thyme and bring to a simmer stirring with your whisk occasionally until it thickens.
- Season salt and pepper to taste and serve. This will refrigerate and reheat stovetop well (up to 4 days in advance), or you can freeze it for months.